Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 144663 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
The leak you are hearing is most likely the EGR Pipe.  It runs down the back of the engine to the right side exhaust manifold.  They crack on the accordian part.  I believe a '96 has a 2 peice EGR pipe and it is the lower one that leaks - still, pretty easy to replace.

Thats what i was thinking. It only leaks when its cold and i floor it. i was looking online and found an egr blockoff kit. it has everything to remove all of that. I plan on just mounting it all on there to look like its on there.

Any idea of a quick way to do the knock sensor replacement? I hear its 6 hours but a ton of people say there is a way to do it with out removing the manifold. I need to replace it and the harness for emissions...I have a knock sensor circut malf. I hear the harness is $50 and the sensor i found at 130.

I'm going to get it plated and start driving it more. I really wanna work on the truck so the goal is over the next few pay days get the GTI rollin and get it plated for my girl to drive it even tho after her driving the ls tonight i think im going to be driving the gti....anyways the Toy can go in the 3rd spot in the garage and can be torn down. My shifter started feeling funky the past few weeks so i need to look in to that and get this sucker finished up. My buddy Jay got his bed bob done and it looks great...I was only over to help mud but the metal work was top notch and is making me wanna get back after mine.

Here is a pic cause he did a really nice job

And cause im on my computer for the first time in forever here are a few pics.

And a really old one...This was from my first snow run with the truck! I cant believe she wheeled it then..Now she doesnt like to drive it much
87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0