Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 144604 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
It's been a while....I went back and read my whole thread. I cant tell you the number of guys i have met that say" I read your whole build up 5 times!" So i thought i might as well read it. It makes me look back at all the work on the truck and love it even more.

So i have some updates.

i picked up another E-locker and geared it with youkon 5.29's. I picked up some dirty 30's for it and got the trenion bearing eliminator. My TG tierod ends needed to be replaced for a 2nd time so i ordered marlin ones. long story but i have a set on it now and they seem to do ok for now. I had to fix the gastank for good and by fix it i mean cut up a 98 4 runner one and weld it all in my 87 tank. Thanks Jed for not killing us...

I wheeled the truck at the CoTTora Takeover in BV. The truck is amazing! front locker worked well even tho i had issues with my rear lockers light burning up. Lowrange sent me another one so i need to replace that before CO4RJ next weekend. I found a few things while at takeover. The steering SUCKS with the locker on! So i just ordered hydro assist. I had a tranny cooler laying around im going to us and mod my res. for more fluid. Also found out that my lighting is horrible with out hids. So i ordered bi xenon again for the headlights and regular xenon for the fog. Im retrofitting it to the KC daylighters because i already have them and they fit nice with the chrome grill.

I cant wait to run Holly cross, and chinaman again. This time during the day.

Here are a few pics i have of the mods and chinaman night run from takeover.

chinaman

Gastank modded and ready to go in.

Switches for the E-locker

This is the trenion beaing elemininator after about 4k miles. Still looks good.

After a year and 7 months of driving this thing daily she still looks pretty good
87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0