Author Topic: Dealing with disprecspectful roommates?  (Read 5717 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with disprecspectful roommates?
« on: Jul 20, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
It is, for the most part, a laid back place.  I work with 2 of them, the other is on disability and the other is the girlfriend of the older brother I work with.  The house actually belongs to the mom of the girl, who we pay rent to, and she was nice enough to provide them with the smoking area away from the house rather than tell them they can't smoke here, but if it becomes an issue they won't be able to smoke it here at all.

To answer the question "Is the pot smoke realy that big of a deal"; seriously?  It is a smell I can't stand, but that's not even the point.  My room is my one little bit of space that is only mine.  I should not ever be exposed to or forced to deal with the lingering stench of somebody else's habits.  Ever.  If I were to constantly fart outside their window, they'd pregnant dog and tell me to go somewhere else to fart.  Nobody would put up with that, period, despite it being much less of an issue.

As for moving, that's not really on the table at the time.  I pay pretty low rent, have a shop where I can store 2 of my motorcycles and work on my trucks if I need to, and am reasonably close to work.  It's really a pretty decent deal, and would be great if I could just get a good damn night of sleep!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!