Author Topic: Indoor veg/fruit garden. Anyelse got one?  (Read 1538 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: Indoor veg/fruit garden. Anyelse got one?
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »
I have a small indor hydro "Aerogarden" that a friend gave me. Currently use it for starts or to overwinter my cacti and succulents. Probably going to try it out with some peppers or herbs after all my starts are moved out. Have my main garden going full swing outside, started it about a month and a half ago. Weather has been great so I went ahead and got busy. Figured I wouldn't start another thread maybe we can just consolidate this into the Indoor/outdoor garden 2011 thread or something.

I don't live on acreage anymore so the days of growing enough to feed me, my family and friends are over. So I am making due with what the limited space I have. My apartment has a pretty big deck, and aside from my bikes and BBQ, there was a lot of open space. So I decided to grow a small garden jungle on my deck.  :gap:

I am also taking a plant life science course and growing a pretty large garden on campus. Most of my flowers have come from school, we started a bunch at the begining of the quarter and slowly take them home throughout the quarter. Here is what I started with March 11th:

This is my herb/cacti/succulent garden. From left to right: Pachypodium (Madagascar Palm Tree), Stenocerus Cacti, Echeveria elegans & Sempervivum succulents. Followed by garlic chives, cilantro and lemon balm.

And my main garden. Consists of (somewhat in order from back to front):

Purple and yellow potatoes, red creole onions, romaine lettuce, yellow squash, Visitacion valley tomatoes, Isis candy tomatoes, Red bell pepper, Giant Thai hot pepper, Salvia, Pincushion and some other flower (the pink ones). I have since added 3 more flower varieties from school.

85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting