Author Topic: TG Rock Assault™ Trunnion Bearing Eliminator Kit  (Read 28579 times)

Fo-runna

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Thee CHROMO-sexual!!!
    • View Profile
 :twocents: I installed the trunnion bearing eliminator kit and also the longfield wiper seals. I only have 100 or so miles on this set up so the jury is still out. I can tell you it definately feels different on the street. I think it may be the combination of the two though and not the T.B.E. kit itself. I set mine up to about 14 lbs because my next shim option set it at 0lb. If it doesn't "break in" so to speak, I'll probably go back to 0 lbs to compensate for the wiper seals.

The crowd that always preaches "you should have went tons" is getting redundant. Some people prefer a more street friendly rig. One that doesn't have 4dees and attract the law enforcements attention so much. Some people have a bunch  of money into their toy axles because that's all they had available when they started their build. What I'm trying to say is there are alot of different reasons why people run toy axles so who are we to tell them what they should have done or should do.

Not one post in this thread mentioned the main cause of trunnion bearing failure ... steering arm stud failure or lack of proper torque. You lose a steering arm for whatever reason, and your bearing is in pieces.  My T.B.E. will most likely be intact. This is the very reason I bought the kit.

I will say this, if I break, even once, this season, you will see the most built set of Toy axles money can build hit the chopping block in record time. I will tapatalk post those things for sale from the trail and will go one tons. Mark my words.