12 (13.8%)
Only if you plan to keep it, and not junk it
21 (24.1%)
its ok
30 (34.5%)
keep a nice looking toy,
24 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: to beat up a nice toyota  (Read 16106 times)

Weekendwheeler83

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Re: to beat up a nice toyota
« Reply #60 on: Dec 16, 2010, 02:48:16 AM »
I just have to respond to this topic as its something that gets under my skin. If you wheel tough trails body damage has a large chance of happening no matter how good you are or the truck your driving, however i dont think that is what he had in mind with this topic. I think he is mostly addressing how people beat up their trucks for no good reason. I usually see this because either they dont have the skills to be where they're wheeling or their truck isnt built for what they are trying, or the worst the type of person that will put the gas to the floor and keep it there untill they have either made it through or broke something. The thing i really hate to see is when someone gets off line or its obvious that they cant make it through will lean up against some rocks or a tree and nail the gas untill the whole side of their truck is trashed. Now my truck is a daily driver so i like it to look at least decent, but i didnt spend money on sliders, bumpers and the like to protect the body just to trash it on purpose because i was too lazy to pick a better line. Now your truck is your own property and you can drive it however you like, but bear in mind that when other people see you treat you stuff like that, especially the tree hugger crowd, they assume you dont respect your own stuff so you cant respect other people's stuff or the land you wheel on. Just sayin. Sorry about the rant but its something i see all too often and it bugs me.