Author Topic: Russell_G's 87 longbed build up. The door panels and interior wrap up.  (Read 145783 times)

Russell_G

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 389
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
Thats my feeling on the whole thing. I wonder if i damaged the cat when it got hot. I may just punch it out anyways. I just dont want to be stranded again for something stupid.

Ok Lets side bar from that stuff for a bit. So I have wanted to get the interior done for a while and figgured the easy way to do it would be grab a roof off a parts truck to fiberglass the hard board headliner from the taco to fit my rig and then wrap it and put it in my rig. So today i went and picked up a roof section cut at roughly dash level. this will make doing the A and B piller trim easier. So i flipped the roof over in the garage after cleaning up my mess and started looking at it. I wont dive in to it for a day or so but i need a plan.....

So heres the list of options that COULD go in the headliner. I have all of them and want them in the truck but they can go other places if needed.
 Back up camera screen- Homelink(garage door opener buttons)-Map lights and dome light- Radar detector(still don't know if i even care about this anymore)

AH crap!!! I just though of something....I need to get a 4runner style one to mount on the rear of the cab too! If its really dark 2 would be helpful digging for stuff on trail or trying to find my phone on my late night adventures.....Going to give this some thought. The other option is just doing LED's in the front one and map lights....ya know i think that will work out ok cause my plate lights shine on the ground in a pretty big area and stock ones really don't. Answered my own question here...plus 2 may be tacky.

Ok SOOOOO heres my thought. I have the mirror on the glass now. Its the auto dimming mirror i talked about earlier(still need to hook it up but have no wiring diagrams 00 acura TL for those helpful people with connections. ) Im going to take a stock dome light from the tacoma(it fits with no mods IIRC) and just un screw the mirror part and fab a cover for the screw. The stock 80's map lights should still bolt to that. I was planning on molding the back up camera screen where the light was but wasn't thinking about the lights. Ok so back to the drawing board with mounting that....I think the home link will be best fit in the center of the headliner behind the map lights(thinking glass as the forward most part) and that way it saves a mess trying to make it work in a visor.

I could mount the screen under the light aginst the windshield BUT windshield replacement will be a PITA and i like my glass guy and am due next summer i assume(damn you CO rocks!!) I could also make a pod in the piller with it or on the dash like a tippy meter or even with one...Ok its getting cluttered on the dash. Piller would be the best i think. the dash is already kinda full with My stereo and EQ in the dins...My CB is going to wind up in the console or under an already cramped seat(I had to love music *Facepalm*)

So any input is always helpful...What do you guys think? Looking back on all the stuff im putting in to the truck im starting to feel like a ricer but its all useful. The back up camera is going to be helpful on trail and at home cause the neighbors have 6 kids and everyone else has 2-4.  I will have a tire carrier before summer so with the topper sides down and a 37 in the back window i wont be able to see shhhhh.

Been snapping pics as i kinda mock it up so when its not 4am i will post them...I just couldnt sleep and wanted this out of my head....yeah right that never works.

87 longbed bobbed 12inches, locked,geared,Tacoma dash, 3rz swap Its a never ending project.
My build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=58589.0