Author Topic: Just got laid off...Anyone have any job leads?  (Read 3146 times)

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Just got laid off...Anyone have any job leads?
« on: Sep 28, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
Pletko, the military never wanted me once they found out I have flat feet.  I sound like a clydsdale trying to run and can't run too far without being in too much pain.  True, I do have a lot of Lexus experience and still have a lot of friends in the industry, but it doesn't look like they are hirring around my area.

Cheesemaker,  I don't know the first thing about selling Avon and really don't want to get into a sales position if I can avoid it.  BTW, my wife and I want to take a trip up to to Washington and Canada in the next couple years, so we'll have too look you up when we take a tour of the Tillamook factory.

Coastie, I have a freind that just got out of the coast guard and he really liked it.  In fact, they are paying for his schooling right now.  I'm not sure I could spend that much time on a boat without catching fish!

I just found out that AutoAnything.com is based out of San Diego and they are hirring.  It should be a shoe-in for someone with my background - and they pay better than being a mechanic.  I'm going to send of my resume to their HR dept. right now.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"