Poll

What to get?

Toyota 3.4
Chevy 4.3

Author Topic: 3.4 or 4.3  (Read 9135 times)

lacrack

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 10
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 3.4 or 4.3
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2005, 10:27:13 AM »
I got quoted 1400 for a 350 the 350 has a lifetime warranty though
yes but if they find out that its from a truck that do off-road generaly they wont replace the motor since it was used off-road(ask me how I know!)

I brough a long block rebuilt 22r and it failled bc they did a crappy job of a rebuilt(4 month)they did not want to pay for geting the motor out-in so I had to do it my self and in the midle of the rebuilt they call me(the machine shop that sell the rebuilt to the store that I brough and say the motor was in a truck that is used off-road(they called the store, its right around the corner from my home and they told the machine shop that it was a off-road use only truck)and that there was 3/4" of sand in the oil pan and if they knew that the vehicule was a lifted truck they would not even begin the rebuilt job on the rebuilted engine,and it took 1 1/2 month to get my motor back and I had to call the shop every 3-4 days to be sure that they move there a$$!

so to long story,short make sure that they do not know that you use your truck off-road or make sure that it is writing on the warranty that it do not not matter that it see off-road!     
84runner 4"lift fender triming q-78 weber 32/36
our sitewww.toyota.net and our forum
http://www.toyota-4x4.net/forum/index.php