Author Topic: Help on getting your computer secure before April 1st!  (Read 5383 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
macs are for old people and retards.... the only reason they even have that 8% is because they have contracts with many college campuses and sell them on campus.  i think i was 10 when i tossed my mac classic out the window and never looked back.  i bet that worm is by that crazy russian programmer that sends hidden messages to the windows net safe guys.

Well I know I am not old, but I very well could be retarded though.

I have owned 4 macs since the age of 11 (I am 23 now) and I have never had a virus. BigMike does present a very valid point, 90% of computer users own PCs so it logically only makes sense that if you are going to make a virus, that it targets the most concentrated group of users. There are reports of viruses for Macs, so its not like they don't exist. Its just not very common. I am pretty sure it IS hard to do, because if it was as easy as creating a virus for a Windows based machine, I think it would be just as prevalent, despite the 90% less users.

As far as only old and retarded people using macs goes... thats not true at all. Music, movies, photography, graphics of any kind... the list goes on and on... Macs are the #1 choice for anything having to do with the aforementioned items. They always have been. PCs are making their way mainstream as far as all that goes, but I don't think they can compete with the Mac as a design studio.

Also, just for the record....I have never had a mac fail on me, the only reason I ever upgraded to a new mac was because it became outdated and I wanted to run the latest software and games. My first mac I sold, my second mac still serves my Grandma, my third mac belongs to my sister now and is regularly abused by her 3 kids and my 4th mac is still serving my faithfully.

Since there was so much Mac hate going on I had to give my :2cents:

I use both macs and pcs and the occasional linux on a regular basis and they are all great in their own right. After 10+ years of using computers (everything from word processing to graphic design) I just prefer Macs. Ease of use mainly. Plus, I can run Windows on my Mac anyway. Its a dual processor. No need to to own two computers when you can run both systems on one :)
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting