Author Topic: pick-up vs. 4runner, post arguements here  (Read 3945 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: pick-up vs. 4runner, post arguements here
« on: Nov 19, 2008, 08:17:10 PM »
All the good points have been made about both. I wanted a pick up first but I am a big guy (6'3") and single cabs of any generation were really too cramped for me, plus I like a lot of interior room. My girlfriend has a 92 extra cab and its nice because I can use it for all the hauling duties, its stock, the light rear end makes backing up on loose terrain on a hill difficult, and it gets squirly in the winter so I always have to keep the bed loaded down with snow or some other form of weight over the rear axle. Interior space is great though, plenty of leg room and storage space.

The reason I ended up choosing a 4runner over an extra cab pick up was for a few reasons. First, I do a lot of snow wheeling in the winter. Spending many nights in the past trying to sleep in pick up cabs, be it a freezing snow run or summer time alike just sucked. Sleeping in the bed is an option for the summer but I like being able to sleep INSIDE. I just wanted to be able to comfortably sleep in my truck if I had to. Even though I am a little taller than the length of the 4runner tub with the seats down my girlfriend, my dog and myself can all sleep rather well in the back. Second, I like taking more than one person wheeling. On close day trips I can take 4 people comfortably and 5 if there are kids or smaller people. On extended 3-4 day trips I can take 2 other people with all of our camping gear, food, beer, parts, a full size spare and the rest of our stuff no sweat. Being able to carry large items and keep them locked up is nice too but could be accomplished with a nice camper shell. Another factor was that I can take my dog with me during cold or crappy weather and not have to cram her in the back of an extra cab or make her endure the freezing winds.

Lastly, I wanted to have a 4WD convertible :)

85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting