Author Topic: The ground at work Ate me  (Read 3678 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: The ground at work Ate me
« on: Aug 26, 2008, 09:51:32 AM »
Damn RS, sorry to hear that.  What a shitty experience :down: 

There is a difference though, between your experience, and reasoning, than Jimbo's response.  You wound up going the lawyer route to take care of business, and make sure your family is taken care of.  He's talking about signing up for any class action lawsuit he can, for free money.  If litiation is necessary to rectify a true problem, I'm completely for it (like in your case)  but if its just for the frivolousness, for the sake of trying to get free money, then that is wrong. 

Unfortunately, there are shitty insurance companies out there, but fortunately there are also good ones.  The company our work goes through is awesome, One of the guys on CDS just got a call from the insurance agent that dealt with his claim, asking how his physical therapy was going, and if there was anything else the company could do, that they hadn't been notified of.  They willingly offered up $600 that he had paid for a session of PT that he thought wasn't covered.  She told him it was, and that he'd have a check within the next few days, no problem. 
There are several more stories like that, I could go on and on about the CDS stories from work, and how quickly and easily the insurance companies paid out. 

That still really sucks about your wife, and I certainly don't blame you for using a lawyer after that experience.   :shake:  Sounds like some people need to get their kneecaps busted. :bat:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent