Author Topic: Project RAMBUS  (Read 4908 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: Project RAMBUS
« on: Aug 18, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »
Okay so I got a new lower hose on but I decided to replace the upper radiator hose as well since it looks kind of old anyway. The radiator cap was practically melted onto the radiator but I finally managed to get it off and looking inside the radiator, there is a lot of corrosion and it was a little leaky anyway. I am going to the junkyard to look for some yota stuff tomorrow so I will see if I can pick up another radiator for cheap. Just something to get me by at this point.

Also after taking off the intake tubes and air filter and stuff, I noticed this tube. It goes from the passenger's side exhaust manifold to the intake tube before the air filter. Anyone know what the deal is with this thing? Obviously recirculating exhaust fumes but the way it is set up is really janky. its not tight or sealed whatsoever on either end and is also severely worn out. I was thinking about stopping at Napa to see if they have a replacement but somehow I don't think they will. I am just wondering if there is a better way for it to work by replacing it with somthing, in its current state it is probably releasing more fumes than it is recirculating. Also when I went to take the intake stuff off it wasn't even attached right, who knows how long it has been sitting there all exposed and open like that.

85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting