Author Topic: MCR7 or Bust - Questions from a Rubicon Noobie  (Read 3919 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: MCR7 or Bust - Questions from a Rubicon Noobie
« on: Jul 28, 2008, 08:13:43 PM »
I understand completely on this one, but I need to know what should be possible so I know what to shoot for.  I'll probably arrive on Friday mid day and need to head home on Sunday afternoon.  It's going to be a marathon trip (800+ miles each way).

if you want to head out the cadillac way, and are going to be kinda in a hurry, getting up early is the key. :thumbs:  If you get up and get rolling, you'll miss most of the traffic on the trail easily. I'd say shoot for leaving camp around 6-7, you'll be out and on the road by 10  :thumbs:  leave around 9, and you'll hit the road later in the afternoon.

I've gone in Loon, and out wentworth, and you won't miss much of the trail.  There's some good spots, but nothing major, that you'll really miss out on.  :thumbs:

As far as smoothness, there's short sections that are simple to navigate, and fairly easy, but for the most part its slow going the whole way.  By no means are we talking crawling speed the entire way though. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent