Author Topic: What's this world coming to? *Warning Rant Inside*  (Read 3214 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: What's this world coming to? *Warning Rant Inside*
« on: Jul 03, 2008, 09:06:07 AM »
What I've learned over the years is to not trust those that work for you to do the job right, always and I mean always have checks and balances, my guys know that at any moment I could walk out and check the job they've just done so it better be right. It's those bosses that never check or don't even know the job that have quality issues. It really pisses them off but if you don't do it they may and will slack off. When I was running the restaurant I would just order something without telling them it was for me so that I could check their work, now I just walk out of the office on a recently completed job and check everything that was supposedly done. Plus I never let them move the car I do that myself. I will also wait until a car has been washed and go out and help dry it again checking the work and making sure they are not cutting corners and doing a crappy job. I agree with the point that if management is not involved with the work, and I mean "hands on" the work will suffer. You as a manager got where you are by doing the job right (or being a total suck up) but once you get there you have to steer people in the right way.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you