Author Topic: marlin lifts vs trail gear?  (Read 30947 times)

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: marlin lifts vs trail gear?
« on: Jun 08, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
I do not wish to comment much on this as others have summed most of it up.

Remember, our products are not successful because of some economic loyalty to USA made parts. They are successful because of their quality and long lasting performance. Just to name a couple differences, our HySteer arms are made from USA Solid-Billet steel (not from some forged or casted process with lighter steels), ALL of our steering rods are made from USA DOM steel, NOT water pipe with seams and pits, or HREW or whatever... All of our bearings are OEM Japanese parts straight from the Toyota factory. KOYO and Nachi bearings, the same bearings that last 300+ thousand miles in your truck. NOT Chinese bearings that I have seen TIME AND TIME AND TIME again grenade on the trail. Just last year at our Round Up, a guy broke his knuckle bearings, and when Marlin stopped to repair his rig, we found it was a Trail-Gear knuckle rebuild kit with their Chinese bearings. I am sure they buy these Chinese bearings at $1.25 each, maybe less. There is a reason why the "same" :rofl: KOYO bearings are nearly ten times this cost.

How about bushings? We use Daystar bushings made in the USA using the highest manufacturing processes around. They are longer wearing, longer lasting, better ride quality. Also the Bumpstops are made in America with longer laster poly material.

Or how about the Crown Performance Brake Lines we sell? These are the same brake lines that are used on Humvees and many other military vehicles: Crown is a large supplier for the US Military. They exceed the DOT standard and are of the best quality around. I don't want to take chances with my brake system with inferior brake lines, but that is just my opinion.

Even our shock hoops, shackle plates, P/S box mounting plates, spring hanger, u-bolt flip plates, they are all made right here in California with USA Steel.

We do not need to powder coat our steel parts to hide from the type of steel used.

It isn't just "Oh buy American, buy American" no, it goes beyond this. It is the fact that if you want parts on your truck to last, if you don't want to break down on the trail, if you don't want to have weak links, then buy Marlin Crawler products.

BigMike

Very nicely put Mike.  I am in total 110% agreement with that.  I consider Marlin the benchmark for all others to strive to equal.  Sorry but China garbage just isn't gonna do it....  Sure it may walk like a duck and quack like a duck but its still made of tin and pot metal.....

And you know me, I run all Marlin parts on my junk that I can't build myself.  Never had a single issue and I beat my junk like I hate it. :gap:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??