• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 35
  • Male Posts: 1,968
  • Member since Oct '07
  • BORN TO WHEEL, FORCED TO WORK...
    • View Profile
Re: 5.71s
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:39:16 PM »
Now, I also do not think 5.71 gears are the best choice, I was just saying that there is proof that they are as strong if not stronger than stock 4.10s as proven by ZUK. ZUK is a guy who rebuilds 3rds, I provided a link to the 5.71 vs. 4.10 page, you can navigate back to his main page by clicking the HOME link at the bottom to check out what he does.

I am pretty sure ZUK does not get around on the board much, and according to his site, he is on vacation right now anyways. I was just trying to defend a good guy when he is not here to defend himself. I personally took offense to you calling him a "dumb :pokinit:" that is why I defended him. Now that we have that out of the way, can we be cool? I would hate to have another person against me on the board.
i dont have any problems with anyone man I was just stating my point thats all man... I just know a couple simple facts one being that I have tone tons of wheelin for years on my 4.10 gears and never has a single breakage issue two being I know many people running yukon 5.29's and as far as I know they are the best gear sets on the market and I know multiple people who have broke 5.29 sets thats just what I know man...
yota18 ya those seem alot higher thanks for the info. does it drop you mpg more?
anyhow i trust zuk about gears- thats all am going to say.
right now i have 4.30s. i think i will go with lowest i can get which if i want to run a HP i will have to use 5.29s but i do want to build it for comp so i might have to go with stock 4.10s.

i think the r&p compainies should make more choices for the 8'' axle for ring and pinons
like-6.00s. that would be sweet.
ya I hear that but the axle is just physically too small to get that tall of gears man go with dana 60's and ya can run up to 7.17 and still have huge teeth on your gears thats what I want....just my  :twocents:
Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.

www.choptechfab.com
www.myspace.com/choptechfab

1989 x-cab truck, 96 2rz swap, MC07-R10 duals w/flat belly, doved front, bobbed bed, all pro 5" springs F&R, lincoln locked F&R, 38.5" sx's and still at it!
CHECK THE BUILD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39494.0