Author Topic: Do You Support Home Schooling ?  (Read 13889 times)

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Support Home Schooling ?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »
...I honestly believe that most parents arnt capable of giving the education nessisary.  The ones I have known who are successfull their parents have found ways for them to socialize often. And parents that are dedicated enough to give dirrection and teach!...

I would have to disagree with the first highlight. Most parents ARE educated and intelligent enough to educate their children. At some point the Parent will reach the limit of their education, forcing to choose between letting someone else continue, or, (and this would do nothing but better the child, parent AND society) learn the subject matter they are having to instruct the child in.

Now, the MAIN problem with most parents and homeschooling, is the second highlight. Most parents do not have the dedication required to raise their kids, let alone educate them. We, as parents, get so wrapped up in the rat race of life, that the kids end up raising themselves, then we wonder why they do stupid, disrespectful, and hurtful things to themselves and to others. I am also guilty of this, have seen it in myself, and am trying to make a change for the better.
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491