Author Topic: Do You Support Home Schooling ?  (Read 13841 times)

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Support Home Schooling ?
« on: May 02, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »
I was very lucky to have been born and raised in an area with a historically high ranking public school system. That being said, I was also fortunate to have been placed in a private (church based) school for the first 4 years of my education (primer -3 y.o., K, 1st, and 2nd). The teachers in the private school, over all, were more concerned that you learned the material, than the teachers in the public system. Also, the teachers in the private schools did not tolerate disruptive behavior, and were allowed (within reason) to maintain order in the classroom. in the rest of my education, I had a few teachers who would go beyond what they HAD to do, and would make sure you understood the material, but they were few. Luckily, I was one of the students who picked up the subject matter easily.

and to answer the question, yes I do support home schooling, or whatever method gives the child the best education. Home schooling executed correctly, does NOT avoid social interaction with other kids. Check out the reccommendations of any home-school curriculum supplier, and you will see that they encourage participation in community sports or other social activities.
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491