Author Topic: Drivetrain Lift Q  (Read 4557 times)

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: Drivetrain Lift Q
« on: Apr 24, 2008, 08:01:50 AM »
you will need to raise your engine as well if you are raising your tranny or tcase. 4crawler sells some easy bolt in mounts.
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/MotorMount.shtml and also has a good FAQ for questions such as this.

If you were to raise your tcase and tranny without raising your engine to match there would be exaggerated angle on your output u-joint as well as potentially clearance issues with your fan and fan shroud in addition to increased stress on your motor mounts.

I have his mounts and plan on using them along with fabbing up a new crossmember/skid plate mount to raise my drive line 2" on my 83 mini. I do have a 2" body lift as well so there wont be the sheet metal clearance issues that you might have.
good luck.  :crossed:

What a complete load of bs....  :hahaha:    I've been running a flat belly for a few years on the same motormounts with no issues at all.  I just loosened the 17mm nuts to allow the engine to rotate, retorqued them once it was in place.  I also chained the drivers side down in the typical fashion and dropped the radiator a bit to keep the hoses from having issues.  Thats IT.  Raising the engine will raise your center of gravity a bit which is pointless.  The Jeep guys have to raise their engine beings the rear driveline is so damned short.  Raising the t-case does put the rear driveline at a bad angle when the driveline is under 2' long.

You can run the R-10 adapter and get away with a bit less cutting of the floor if you use a FROR style crossmember.  Having a crossmember that mounts under the cases will eat up ground clearance if not done correctly.  I built mine with high clearance in mind and I havent had issues with it as of yet.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??