Author Topic: 89 standard cab v6 build-ontherocks  (Read 108953 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: 89 standard cab v6 build-ontherocks
« Reply #630 on: Apr 08, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
To be 100% honest, I have got to say I think Glen was a little too harsh.

On one hand, I will admit (and if this is my undoing, then so be it at least I am being honest) that I have wheeled around gates in the past. Never cut a gate but before I knew better I did do some stupid :pokinit: (this was 4-5 years ago though so please realize I have matured and learned a LOT since then). NOW I know that was really stupid of me and I will never again repeat that behavior. Wether or not ontherocks will see that as a stupid, childish move to cut the gate and wheel in there, only he will know. Based on his non-shalant statement about it, it seems he really didn't see it as being the wrong thing to do. So in that respect, I think a full ban was not unreasonable.

On the other hand, idiotic behavior like that is what gets our trails taken away, and serves as nothing more than fuel for the fire of our opposition. I by no means support it but I think he should have at least gotten a week, or month ban or something and a stern warning. Everyone makes mistakes. I cant speak for the man himself, so if he feels he can continue to do childish stuff like that then he should be fully banned and have his license taken for being a retard. All I am saying is that we all make mistakes. If he choses not to see this as a rude awakening about growing up then he shouldnt be allowed back. If he is willing to accept that he was WRONG, his actions were WRONG and the fact that his behavior makes ALL OF US look bad, I think he deserves another chance. If not then he shouldnt be allowed back.

One thing this should teach EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US is that the actions of ONE affect us ALL. We all have to remember that we are CONSTANTLY under fire from all sides. If ontherocks doesnt want to accept responsibility for his actions then he should stay off our trails. Hopefully he will learn from this. That is what is important. We must be the stewards of our trails and maintain a positive image of not only ourselves, but our sport. Otherwise we will find ourselves with nothing but mall parking lots to wheel in.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting