Author Topic: had problems installing sky ebrake  (Read 1726 times)

offroadin88

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
Re: had problems installing sky ebrake
« on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:53:53 AM »
I installed the all pro kit this past week on my truck I had a lot of problems and am still working them out.
first off my truck is a v6 and all pro says the kit wont work but anything is possible. I already swaped my chain driven xfer case with a gear driven one so it bolted up. I had to cut the ifs bracket off so the arm would clear.
I didnt have to redrill my rotor but one of the holes on the caliper was burred up and the sleve wouldnt even go in. a little time with the dremil took care of that.

the biggest problem I have is getting the caliper to fit the rotor. it sounds like you had it easy and just had to space the back pad a little. my back pad was just fine my front pad is way off. I havent figd out a way to fix this yet. If I use spacers it will bring the pad closer but then the arm on the caliper will have too much pull before engaging the pads.

I got it to the point where the pad will spin free and when engaged it will grip the pad. havent tried it on any sort of incline yet but im sure it will fail. ill prob mess with it some more and just deal with it if I cant get it better. when I add a second case ill cut up the mount and build it into my cross member that way I can put the mount exactly where I want it. all in all I give the all pro kit the  :thumbdown: