Author Topic: Bad day at work - dog bite!  (Read 5532 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: Bad day at work - dog bite!
« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »
antibitoic that is giving me a gnarly case of the trots 

Go to your local health food store, and pick up some Lactobacillus Acidophilus wafers. They will help to replace the normal flora in the gut, and get rid of the squirts. Usually takes a day or two.

P.S. use a mixture of vitamin E oil and antiseptic (Neosporin works well) in equal parts while it heals to get rid of any major scars.

You could also pick up some Vit E capsules, poke a hole in one end and squeeze out the goop and rub it on the scar 2-3 times per day. Aloe Vera is also said to work. The magic is in the rubbing, not what you use. Try to go across the grain of the scar, because as scar tissue lays down, it falls into a jumble. By rubbing the tissue, it re-organizes it to lay down smooth. It takes about a year for a scar to fully form and heal, so you can rub the stuff on there for as long as your interested. Also, try to avoid sunburn, as it will alter the scar formation and make it more obvious. Wait until the sutures are out to start this though. While the sutures are in place, only antibiotic ointment should be applied.

Glad your OK. Could have been much worse. Looks like the ER doc did a decent job sewing you back together.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!