Author Topic: Dusy-Ershim trail report . . .  (Read 6072 times)

Revivalist

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 140
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Wheelin' with Him!
    • View Profile
Re: Dusy-Ershim trail report . . .
« on: Aug 16, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »
Thankyou :beerchug:

BTW, your truck looks AWESOME with the new tires and wheels. Really sets it into proportion! :thumbs:
Thanks!

The reason why I asked about the bearing is I am wondering if the bearing first exploded which then caused the knuckle to get bound up and crack? Were you just driving normally when it happened, or did you drop off of a large ledge maybe :headscratch:
That's a good question. . . . I assumed that the knuckle cracked first since that's what I figured provides the strength/support, then once it was cracked and allowed more play than it should, the bearing got pulverized. . . . But I don't know the design and function of all the front axle parts like you probably do. . . . Is it possible for the bearing to break first and then the knuckle? . . . Or put another way, even if the bearing was faulty to begin with, would that cause the knuckle to crack?

By the way, yes, I did come off a ledge very hard earlier in the trail. We suspect that's where it happened. . . . Lesson learned: Don't try to keep up with Rick in his buggy.  :smack:
Check out our new organization, Outdoor Enthusiasts! It's a new and exciting way to raise money for trail supporting organizations! The best part is that you support trails without spending any new money!