Author Topic: Organized and Officially approved PROTEST!(with pics)  (Read 9645 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
This needs to be a big, MATURE turnout. UNITE is the majic word.  We need to get a LOT of people who love and enjoy our trails to get out there and hold up signs.  There will be ground rules.  IF and WHEN the media shows up, we HAVE to be on our best behavior.  One outburst of "F the Forest Service" played on TV, and all of Marlon's and everyone else's efforts have been in vain.  We DO want to have the media there, so we need to go with clear and level heads.  Not a bunch of ranting cussin rednecks...

> Check in at the check-in station... if you don't get a hand stamp, you can get in trouble for being out there.. and get the rest of the group in trouble.
>NO Alcohol
>NO obscene gestures or language

Those are the 3 biggest rules.

Now, we need to get some people to go with us.  As stated before, EL DORADO FOREST IS BEING USED AS AN EXAMPLE!!! Once the case is over with El Dorado, they're going to move on to the rest of the CA forests.  I've been talking with Amy (UglyJeepThing) on PBB.  She's been going to the meetings for most of the CA forests, trying to keep them open too.  She says it's a never ending fight, but if we have a good outcome from the Eldo Forest, then there's hope for the rest of the state. 

IF El Dorado Forest gets closed as they want to close it, then that will give the system more leeway to put time restraints and more laws on our trails.  THINK ABOUT THIS!!! Do you want to go on a wheelin trip with 800 other rigs on a holiday weekend, only to be told you can't wheel past sundown????? I sure as hell don't!!

Anyone who can make it as far as sac.... we have 3 seats available... and if it comes down to it, we can take as many as 7 people (a little cramped in the Ranger, but I'll cough up the wheels if you can make it to South Sac).  This is big.. and if the turnout is as big as we're hoping for, it MIGHT make an impact on the rest of the people out there who don't even know about this.  All it takes is a 20 second clip on CBS, NBC, Fox 40, whatever... and thousands... THOUSANDS of people are alerted about what's going on.

Come on California!  If we have made the sacrifices and busted our butts to go to MCR, we can make it to this :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -