Author Topic: How much longer can we accept this?  (Read 3516 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: How much longer can we accept this?
« on: Jun 15, 2007, 05:32:35 PM »
The biggest problem I see is an increasing amount of ignorance and intolerance towards people who are here LEGALLY and are Hispanic. Sometimes when I read comment on news stories where a suspect or what ever has a traditional Hispanic last name, must of the ignorant folks automatically assume ILLEGAL and spout off some of the most ignorant, hateful crap I have ever seen.

Totally agree with you 100%!!!.I've been in so many e-fights over this,it's ridiculous!!!.The people in the pictures ARE ignorant and have no idea what the hell they are protesting or promoting.There IS ignorance on both ends though.

One thing that bothers me, other than the scope of S. 1348, is the supporters of the bill, both Democrats and Republicans, who paint the all opponents of the bill as racist.

I have just started reading the House version of immigration reform, H.R. 1645, and I like some of it better than the Senate version. Both go too far, I would rather see one bill for securing our borders and identifying all who are here illegally, whether it’s due to visa infractions or crossing our borders without regard for our laws. Once (if?) that has been achieved, and only then, a second bill to deal with deporting those (600,000 cases) already under deportation orders, future status of those here, a fool proof (we are talking about the Feds here!) identification system, employment verification, fines, etc.

I’m trying to figure out where these 12-20 MILLION illegal entrants came from…I mean the last time there was amnesty given (1986), lawmakers guaranteed that would solve the problem.

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)