Author Topic: Can't trust mechanics at all. Talk about gouging hours...  (Read 5982 times)

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar

Its called 'flat rate' and it is based on the amount of time an average mechanic can complete said task at hand. its not really cheating you at all, http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_does_an_auto_mechanic_earn  the downside to this system is it encourages sloppy work and/or taking shortcuts to maximize output with the least amount of time input. blame the flat rate labor guide not the shops....

just my .02
Flat Rate is different. The mechanic gets a Flat Rate for doing the job weather he beats or goes over the time given. The faster you are the more money you can make. But some jobs you just can't beat the times  :twocents:

sounds the same to me.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg: