Author Topic: New to yota's, need lift help  (Read 2519 times)

Petzl21

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 151
  • Member since May '07
  • Very Nice
    • View Profile
Re: New to yota's, need lift help
« on: May 13, 2007, 05:59:52 AM »
Here are some pics:

Drivers fender and door are rough

Rear is not that bad (does this look like a 6 inch lift, those are 35 bfg m/t)

Front springs with stock shackles

Warn winch (anyone know any info on this winch, i can not make out the model number from the front, onl this on the side

Is that a stock tierod?

Rear springs with blocks.  Do they look like a lift spring, and a block, or stock springs?  They have a small amt of arch in them, so i think they are like a 2 inch lift spring with a 4 inch block.

Most of the floors look good

So, all i know is that with this lift on it right now, it does not flex at all.  i removed the sway bar, and that didnt do to much!  I want to start with the rear, and get the marlin 5inch spring (how wide are the springs).  will that get me to the same height i am at now?  Also, do i have to get the new front spring hanger, and a rear shackle hanger b/c their springs are longer, on both ends?  Does anyone run revolver shackles on the rear? 

I just sold my zuki, so i have some money to play with.  Here is what i am def going to get, the 4.7 t-case gears (it has 5.29's in the diff's already, so that will be great for crawling), the high steer (i just have to get an IFS box.  What is involved with that swap?  I will search for that, but if anyone has any good links, please pass it on), Rear springs and what ever goes along with that, and revolvers or the marlin shackles.  How flexy is the 5 inch rear kit?  Also, what size shackle should i run if i dont go with the revolvers?

For the front, i am just goning to start with getting a better shackle, b/c i dont see to much movement out of the one's on it (stock shackles i beleive).  Although i am not sure that will do it, the front is really stiff, i dont see much flex in the spring itself.

Thanks for the help, i know i have a ton of questions right now!  I just want to make sure i build it right, and get the best bang for my buck!

Cheers!