Author Topic: rear drive shaft after SAS  (Read 2185 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: rear drive shaft after SAS
« on: May 02, 2007, 04:47:32 PM »
I read your first post, and thinking about it a little more, you may not even have to put the spacers.  before I went to duals, I had a 2 peice, with no spacer, stock '91 d-shaft, and never had any issues.  I have 63" chevies, and got about 4" out of them, so you're looking at the same thing.  If I did it again, I might at a 2" spacer, just to get a closer to stock angle.  I know DTB has built or is going to build a spacer for his truck for the time being (3rd gen ex cab as well) so you might hit him up for some pics of what he did.  He may already have some up on his Tree hugger thread in Project Buildups.  I don't know, I haven't looked at it for a few days. 

:thumbs:

Also, with a two piece driveshaft, by putting a spacer in, you "lengthen" it anyway, by increasing the angle it is at.  If you look at an L vs. a \_  the distance between the two points is farther, due to the angle being increased from 90* to 120* or so.   Hopefully this makes sense?  :dunno: if not, I can do a diagram on paint when I get home.  :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent