Author Topic: Questions about Moab and lockers  (Read 2674 times)

NaturalDisaster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 108
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Moab and lockers
« on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:02:09 AM »
if you could use lockers where you normally wheel, you will want them in moab.  pritchett was previously rated a 5 on the 1-5 scale.  It is now rated an 8 on the new 1-10 scale...I would assume that with places like area bfe, pritchett is no longer in the same league as the hardest trails even though it washes out and generally gets harder. 

Pritchett is the only rated trail I have heard of that has been oficially rated a 5 (I'm sure there are others).  We had an ifs toy open on 33s follow us in.  he was a way good driver, but I never saw him come out...  I would say the majority of people locked front and rear take winch or strap a couple of times even if they take the "bypasses"  you usually see carnage on that trail.  It is my favorite trail so far.  I will be doing it again this year and some of the trails that are even more challenging.  I finally went to the hammers and I think pritchett has more difficult obstacles than wrecking ball, though body damage is not as severe...

Moab is like most places.  easy stuff and hard stuff.

I would get your lockers one way or another...

here is a pic of a line we took when there was a rubicon broke on a "bypass"  and a buggie broke on the obstacle...

that must have been me following you in the ifs toyota the orange one if you remember it was welded in the rear but ya we had to turn around when we got to broken buggie and the rubicon that for some reason somebody had a bright idea of hooking the winch up to the steering to pull it up the bybass so ya we turned around there