Author Topic: Transfer Case woes  (Read 3617 times)

heepofajeep

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Case woes
« on: Feb 13, 2007, 06:32:59 PM »
where are you and who  set these cases  up??

sounds like  the shift fork  rod  wasnt  clearanced  enough  and  so when in 2wd  in the rear case  it  pushed  the front case  out of low

OR  a thrust washer  was left out  :yikes:

:psss:  you would buy new gears   from Marlin,  if  you need ANYTHING  to do with a yota tranny or tcase  Marlin is garanteed  to have it

I am in Vancouver, WA;  the cases were put together by the friend I bought the truck from.  He never drove the truck.  I do trust the fact that he put them together alright as he is an experienced technician, although I know good & well that mistakes do happen, etc.

The only thing that I am still trying to figure out, is why is it only happening in 2wd low-- not 2wd high, or any 4wd.  I would think if, for example, a thrust washer was left out, it would affect all gears?  I don't mind fixing whatever it is, I just don't want to break into this thing only to realize it was simply a loose spring or something.    Regarding a bearing wearing out, which I would actually not be surprised about, could this affect just 2wd low, and if not, what WOULD be a culprit? 

Regarding the rubbing, the reason I know nothing is hitting is because I have a large hole in the floor where the shifters go.   

Thanks again.