Author Topic: Hannibal Rocks New Years Grand Opening (Photos Added)  (Read 9596 times)

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: Hannibal Rocks New Years Grand Opening
« on: Jan 02, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
I can't wait to see some pics.  That park is cool.

I didn't think anything in the midwest could even come close to touching Flat Nasty after our little trip this last weekend but Hannibal comes close. The trails are way different but both are really fun. I would not say either one is better because both have strengths and weaknesses and the terrain and setup is completely different. Hannibal is obviously all man made with a trackhoe while at Flat Nasty you can't get any equipment in to the trails so it is all natural. Hannibal is composed of short trails that are packed with challenging things close together. Flat Nasty trails are longer with really nasty sections mixed in with moderate and easy parts. You could easily spend four days at Flat Nasty but Hannibal would be exhausted after about two days I think. I am sure Tom the owner is gonna cut more trails but the park is just way smaller than Flat Nasty. Tom and Debbie Wombles the owners of Hannibal Rocks are great people. Tom took me around and tried to find me spare parts when I broke. The only thing I can say is to go to both places. I had a great time the park turned out awesome.

I was fortunate enough to hook up with a few guys from 4x4 Syndicate and run the trails with them. There was a lot of cool rigs and the trails were awesome.

At Hannibal there are rock piles scattered all around the parking area and main staging area. You could tie up a half day and break your rig easily at Hannibal and never leave the parking lot.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough