Author Topic: I feel bad...But I'm also p*$$ed off.  (Read 3904 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: I feel bad...But I'm also p*$ed off.
« on: Aug 27, 2006, 06:27:13 PM »
Even though he got arrested you did the right thing, it's not your fault he was so intoxicated that you couldn't tell weather he was injured or just drunk. It's people like you that will stop that deserve a pat on the back, good job for stopping to make sure he was OK. It is not your fault he was just drunk, he could have been having a heart attack or something. The problem with the police these days is if they are proactive they are accussed of being to aggressive and not people friendly, so they now have become reactive which usually means they show up in time to take a report after the dust settles. It sucks but that's what it has come to, they don't want to become a part of the story when it is told on the evening news and the only way to do that is to not be there during the crime. Have you noticed that everytime the police are involved the news media seems to seek out that one person that's crying foul while discarding all those other witnesses that either have no opinion or think what they had to due to subdue the person was correct? I don't know why they didn't stop and see why you were there but maybe that's why there was a second unit, maybe the 1st radioed the second to respond to a suspisious vehicle and were going to come for you together not realizing that there was a person down and was the reason you stopped in the 1st place. As to 911 putting you on hold forever, well 911 sucks plain and simple. Understaffed and over worked. I in my job deal with both officers and 911 operators all day and what I said pretty much sums it up on most officers feelings, better to be taking the report instead of being a part of it.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you