Author Topic: Tube Front Bumper  (Read 20041 times)

TheBandit

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -14
  • Male Posts: 174
  • Member since Jan '06
  • MS in BS
    • View Profile
    • www.xtremefabricator.com
Re: Tube Front Bumper
« on: May 24, 2006, 11:04:21 PM »
looks good is it a four runner or apickup iwouldwant to put a top camper shell thing like urs if it is indeed a pickup!!! where did u get it or did it come with it?

This is a 4Runner. I have both the factory hardtop and a Kayline vinyl soft top. Not sure which one you're referring to as they are both shown in the pictures above.

Looking good!!  Keep up the good work.  :thumbs:    More Pics please... :D
Just get proE wildfire.  It's only like 5 to 10 grand  :hammerhead: 

Thanks Wermz! There are some more pictures below. Modelling software is very expensive; I feel your pain. You can do amazing things with it, though. In this case, however, I am using Bend Tech Pro which is VERY reasonable ($175 IIRC) and will give you tubing functionality you wont get with most 3D modelling software.

UPDATE

It may not seem like I did much since last time, but it took me about an hour to tack these together. I'm sure more experienced folks wouldn't have taken nearly as long, but I took a ton of measurements and did a lot of creative "fixturing" using things laying around the garage to get all my angles right. I also did a little grinding here and there to get better fits on my notches. So although it doesn't look much different from where I left off yesterday, all this lower half needs now is finish welding. Here it is loosely attached to the truck (using bailing wire)

Do you think there will be enough room for a winch? I left about 8" in front of the radiator to work with.

Here is one area I would do differently a second time around. I am not happy with how much space there is between the marker light and the bend at the corner. If I moved the bend apex toward the rear of the truck this area would look much better.

It doesn't look too bad from this angle.

Here's what it will do for my approach angle. What do you think? Liveable?

33s and IFS :smack:

My next step will be making the plate for the front of the crossmember (that should be pretty quick/easy) then I will get started on the upper assembly.