Author Topic: Motorcycle riders here?  (Read 5723 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Motorcycle riders here?
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:37:22 PM »
:rofl2:  So you're trying more for a sport tourer type, more sit up than lay over?  I'm a huge vfr800 fan, and the newer ones are pretty nice, and with a set of heli bars aren't too crouchy either.  If you're a bigger guy then it will be even less of an issue.  I've seen a couple of ducati multistradas recently, and that looks like a fun bike!  Probably a little more comfy for 2 up also, but still plenty of motor for gettin it on. 

I know how your friend feels, my body doesn't cramp up, but I had my right hand go almost completely numb at a track day, pretty early in the day too.  Luckily a friend of mine was there with her boyfriend and knew how to tweak my wrist and get the blood circulating better, and I had no more substantial problems with it the rest of the day.  The body positioning of a sportbike doesn't bother me as well.  I've actually torqued my back bad enough to where driving is horribly uncomfortable, and walking is even difficult, but once I got on the bike and into position I barely felt any discomfort, and even had a spell where I had chest problems that made driving nearly impossible, but again riding the bike was totally bearable.  I've tried sitting on cruisers at the dealer and get instant back pain!  Sitting vertical with your legs stretched out does NOT feel natural!  Wanna know why the old cafe racers came up with the idea of leaning over a little and having your legs pulled up and slightly back?  Horse racing man!  They looked at how racers sat on horses, and how natural it seemed to flow, and the wheels started turning in their heads.  I'm sure somebody else could explain it better, but that's the gist of it.

Anyway, attached is an image of a multistrada for your viewing pleasure. 

Edit: while looking for this on ebay I came across another scam auction!  That makes about 12 I've turned in in 2 days.  Goin fishin for more..........
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!