Author Topic: need help with BUGGY SPRINGS  (Read 3889 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: need help with BUGGY SPRINGS
« on: Apr 28, 2006, 11:28:30 AM »
Okay. Well i have been 4wheelin for 4 years now. Ive had a 2 dodges on 40s. and 84 toyota. a explorer that had 33s and locked.  me and my friends buy trucks every year build them,. wheel them , then we sell em. So im lookin for the most bang for buck. I allredy have lockers front and rear, and 34inch LTBS and a 8000pound winch. and have 4.88s for the axles. i want to run the rears  up front, And chevys in the rear. and no i wanna use that double shackel idea,.  So any help would be great...

Thanks GUys
Brad

You will need to move the front spring mount forward on the the rears to accomodate the longer flatter springs. You will need to move the rear spring mount back on the front to accomodate the longer rear springs. I believe you will need High steer to do the rears to the front since it will move your front axle forward and the push pull will not line up.  Double shackles are easy to do, buy a set. For the front just measure the rear from mount to mount and duplicate it on the front, for the rears I believe you will be moving the front mount just after the frame drops down, the double shackles will also have to be looked at and you'll have to increase that distance to accomodate for the part of the shackle that lays flat against the frame. A flat bumpstop will be needed between the frame and that shackle. On my Sammi I made a rear and front bumpers that were designed to collect the flat part of the double shackle so I didn't need to move my spring mounts on the middle of the frame. That actually gave me 2 extra inches of wheelbase, and a Sammi needs as much help as you can give it in the wb department.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you