Author Topic: Share yer unfortunate events!  (Read 3072 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Share yer unfortunate events!
« on: Jan 26, 2006, 10:12:07 AM »
Here's a good one, it's a series of unfortunate events all in one:

Mark, my cousin, Kathy, her friend, (I'll call her Lynn, I don't remember her name) and I were riding our 4-wheelers in the woods at Croom ATV and motorcycle park.

Kathy's is a racing quad type, Lynn had my cousins other one which is a Yamaha 400 4x4 but has a disengagable front end, Mark and I have Kawasaki 400 4x4's  but you can't disengage the front ends so they are not as maneuverable as my cousins 4x4,the one Lynn was riding.

Lynn was leading, I was behind her, Mark was behind me and Kathy was bringing up the rear.

Lynn was riding faster then I care to but it was pretty fun so I was keeping up.
There were two whoop-dee-doos, a slight turn to the right and then you had to skirt between too trees. There was just enough room for our 4x4's to get between the trees.

Lynn hit it and maneuvered through the trees no problem, I knew I was going a little too fast but figured I could make it. When I hit the second whoops it threw me off to the left, I missed the turn and my ATV climbed the tree, flipped over to the right and pinned me under it against the other tree.

When I hit the first tree my windpipe hit the handle bar, it felt like something was still on my windpipe so I thought I was suffocating. Then I did what any sensible person would do. I panicked! I thought Mark and Kathy might not have seen me flip (they were right behind me) so I start screaming for help.

BUT what I didn't realize was the 600 lb ATV was on my ribs, so everytime I exhaled I couldn't inhale.

THEN, in his rush to help me, when Mark pulled up behind me he parked too close to my 4-wheeler so every time he pulled mine up, it hit his and rolled back on me.

We have snorkels on our ATV's for deep water crossings, and I was pinned with my head forward of the snorkel, I had my full face helmet on and every time Mark pulled up and I tried to get out from under it, I caught my helmet on the snorkel.

Finally, in my panic and need for air, the last time he pulled up I just did all I could to get out from under it and made it. (obviously) :slap:

I was lucky and only ended up with a nice waffle mark on my neck from the hand grip, and badly bruised ribs. We did ride the rest of the say, but I was sore for WEEKS after that one!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: