Author Topic: Gettin the Ole' Lady a Promise ring... any ideas?  (Read 5930 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Gettin the Ole' Lady a Promise ring... any ideas?
« on: Dec 22, 2005, 10:18:30 AM »
maybe I'm just totally naive, but what is the difference between a promise ring and an engagement ring? what if she thinks it's one, and not the other?

A promise ring is whatever you want it to be.  It can be a promise to be together forever, to get engaged when you are financially ready,  pretty much anything you can think of.  The reason I gave spotter one was to signify my commitment to her.  I wanted her to know that Iwas always going to be there, and I wasn't going to be leaving.  We are not prepared to get married yet, but I wanted her to know that It was in my intentions to marry her.  :yupyup:  Mine is basically an engagment ring I guess, but not quite :dunno:

Don't stall, did you figure it out yet?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent