Author Topic: Gettin the Ole' Lady a Promise ring... any ideas?  (Read 5942 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Gettin the Ole' Lady a Promise ring... any ideas?
« on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:24:09 AM »
Isn't a promise ring just that? A promise to date one person exclusively?  :dunno:

It was kinda weird for me and my wife, we started as friends, she was the friend of a girl I had my eyes on. We all hung out together and cruised around in her VW bug, gettin drunk and such. We even went to Mexico once and I married all three of them at once. ::)  It was pretty crazy back then, I had just got out of the Army and was just looking to goof around. I don't know how I ended up hangin' with them all the time but it just worked out that way, and there was my best friend from school that went out with us, just not every night. Anyways our little group lost 1 of the girls (the one I was interested in..... figures) so now it was just the 4 of us partying almost every night, going to concerts and hangin' at Venice/Santa Monica beaches. Now nobody was dating anyone we were all just having fun and all when one night it was just me and one of the girls in my truck we were just kickin' back watching the boats cruise the Marina and she says "Hey lets get married, we're such good friends pretty much inseparable so why wouldn't it work?" I replied "Sure why not!" That was almost 30 years ago, we've now been together going on 28 years.

Maybe that's why we've made it so long we were/are the best of friends, no tension in the beginning as to what she was doing when she went somewhere and I didn't go or the reverse. Our relationship wasn't built on any dating schedule or the the like, hell we hadn't even really kissed when the idea came up, not that  :bumpinbutts: wasn't going on but that was just havin' some fun. I honestly never "dated" her, we were just hangin' out together.

:blah:  :blah:  :blah:
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2005, 08:30:34 AM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you