Author Topic: Gettin the Ole' Lady a Promise ring... any ideas?  (Read 5932 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Re: Gettin the Ole' Lady a Promise ring... any ideas?
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 07:38:18 PM »
Man, I remember I first bought the ring around valentines day.  Spotter didn't wind up getting the ring until about 2 months later :smack:  I was soooo nervous, and wanted to wait until the right time that I drove around with the ring in my glovebox for all that time. 

Actually, Spotter's and my story is pretty funny.  We went for a walk, then went and sat down on this bench in the trees facing the duckpond at Simpson College in Redding, CA.  We're sitting there, talking about nothing, and I'm holding this ring in my pocket.  We were going to the rodeo that night with some friends, and I knew I was running out of time.  Spotter was talking about something, and then she checked the time, and said ok, we need to head out, and stood up :smack:  I told her not yet, came out whith this great little speech (If I do say so myself :hammerhead: ) and slid the ring on her finger.  We still laugh about it that day, but when I looked into her eyes, I couldn't believe how much love and happiness I saw in there.  Don't forget, about all, its not how you present the ring, but the fact that you are that really matters. :yupyup:

Hmmm...do you call her Spotter in bed too, bet she loves that.   :disturbed:
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0