Author Topic: Keith Black Pistons...  (Read 9281 times)

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Keith Black Pistons...
« on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:02:48 AM »
Again guys, thanks. This is why I post, so that I am not shootin in the dark. The only thing about the LC cam is the fact that it is twice the price of the engine builder cam. Is it that big of a difference, or is this a definate must do? I could just as easily go to NAPA, guess I will do that. I figured since I could get the cam with the kit, that would be good, but since that cam isnt good, I guess not. I was also wondering which LC cam would be a good choice for decent offroad power but also highway power? The 268 from engnbldr said some highway on it, and I was wondering what this translated to for the LC. I was looking at the KB pistons, and it was saying that they are not for sale on pollution controlled vehicles. Is this true? This is kind of important, since MA has very strict emsisions policies. I don't think that I would be able to run those, as getting a sticker with an SAS is tough enough, let alone failing emmisions. I had planned on getting the head gasket from Toyota anyway, I have heard bad things about aftermarket ones. You guys are a big help, I appreciate it. Thanks.

Sam
the enginebldr cam aint much if anything over the stock cam,  LVengineerings efi cam is twice the cost but trust me you will enjoy it alot, i have the LC starge 2 racingcam  and :woohoo:   go down to the Glen's budget rebuild    thread and listen to my cam  ,  the efi PRO cam is like $170  but it will really increase your horsepower ive seen so many guys on here build engines with all bling parts then put a enginebldr cam in and it doesnt have anything much over befor the build

the LC cams  are higher lift and duration, but dont have to have special adjustments on your rocker geometry to make them working

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way