Author Topic: question for high schoolers  (Read 6872 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: question for high schoolers
« Reply #30 on: Nov 29, 2005, 09:20:29 AM »
This is an unfortunate situation for all of the students that are going thru this type of questioning.  The facts get skewed and people go by word of mouth versus real world facts.  I have lived in many states including California, Arkansas, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, South Dakota, from large cities to small towns.  I have seen first hand the results of clubs like the Sierra Club. In Arizona you can not even set foot in certain forest areas.  I have seen towns crumble due to the effects that spotted owls had on the logging  industry.  Now thanks to the lack of proper forest management the fires and beetle populations have destroyed thousands of acres of the forests, at least when logging was done they cleaned up to help protect the forests and manage the Natural Renewable Resouces that the forests offer.  I often wonder what part of renewable do they not understand. 
We want to protect and conserve our forests and land so it will be there for the future, but we want to use this land and enjoy it.  Those like us on this board are aware and take care of the land so we can use it and so our kids can use it.  It is a shame how people want to remove the rights of the people that truly enjoy the outdoors, just because they see no value in it and they would rather go to a shrink in some big city rather than go out and enjoy the woods, this is simple they have no clue what it is to be an American or the true benefits to ones well  being by using and sensibly conserving the natural resources and land that is there to be used managed and enjoyed by all. 
When clubs such as the Sierra Club say we destroy they are misinformed as many have stated we haul out more trash and clean up more garbage throughout the year than they ever do. 

Lets make it clear we must conserve the forest so it can be used responsibly and enjoyed.  BUT IT SHOULD NEVER BE CLOSED TO THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

I could go on and on about this but I will stop here.
Happy wheelin,

:clap2:  :bowdown: If my son was just a normal city dweller he would not have the same respect for nature that he does. Sitting on the outside looking in and not setting foot into the wilderness you don't get the same perspective on nature and how delicate it can be. His early exposure to our real world will keep him from trashing it as some of these yahoo's do as he becomes a young man. About the only thing making kids write a report about nature, that don't get out and experience our world  will get you is more people the join the anti-access army because that would be the only thing presented to them. He has more respect for our wilderness in his little pinky than any of these self-righteous  nature-nazi's.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you