Author Topic: Louisiana Disaster Help.....What do you think about it?  (Read 5288 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Earlier today I read an article my co-worker showed me in sundays NY Times, comparing the plight of some middle class white families with the plight of some under priviledged black families, trying to make a correlation that because they are white they are fairing better or some other such BS!

Why not compare apples to apples. Two middle class white and black families or two under priviledged white and black families.

BUT what really sticks in my craw...the article starts out by saying that this under priviledged family lost all the money they had to their name, $2000 (yes, three zeros), that burned up when their house burnt down, so now, according to the article, they just spent their last $25 on fish and shrimp from some local vender cooking on the street.

Excuse me, but if I have got a big honkin' storm bearing down on me, and I have $2000 cash in the house, the first thing I am doing is stuffing my pockets full of that cash!!

Anyhoo, I guess that is neither here nor there, but the fact is, the media is completly skewing supposed facts (like I should be surprised?)
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: