Author Topic: Do you think this fj40 is fairly priced?  (Read 9249 times)

wantatlc

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 127
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think this fj40 is fairly priced?
« on: Jul 14, 2005, 11:26:06 PM »
I'd say for 9k its a fair deal,,its really clean and a fair price for a stock rig..However is what your asking is is this a fair price for a trail rig,,then maybe this is not the rig for you..I bet for a few mor bucks you can find one with more upgrades and better set up for wheel'n..This is more of a sunday drive restore project or someone that just want a clean stock crusier rather then a trail rig..
 :twocents:

well, it is not available at 9k actually. that was the bait email he used. when I got there, it was 10k all of the sudden. then 2 days later "okay, for you I will go 9.5k".

anyway, some others say it is not so clean with the rusty bib, and cancer in the rear sill.

my question specifically, forgetting the weirdness by the owner, given the description (which mentoins the pros and cons) and photos is, for that specific rig in that state, is 9.5k fair?

I do want a trail rig and trail capable, but I am not looking for a hardcore crawler. I want to use it every single day, but be able to take it on trails. I have a post on what I am looking for here, which is what he responded to: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12889.0

this rig could meet those needs exactly, I would need to do some work on it to build it up like I want it, but as is, my gut feeling from day 1 and comparison of other rigs is that that price is hella high for the rig in that condition (85k on engine, some pretty good cancer rust, no major mods or improvements on rebuilt parts, ice but just stock with no real bonus items, etc.).