Author Topic: WANTED: lonely SWM fj40 lover seeks an fj 40 for committed relationship today  (Read 7732 times)

wantatlc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 127
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
ME: Serious fit and healthy buyer, well endowed with a 10k or so budget seeking a nice, solid, clean (but not custom or cheery rebuild) fj40. (Do not bother showing me priciey chery rebuilt rigs as I am not your sugar daddy). I live in San Diego and prefer to buy local or in CA, but will consider nice looking fj40 outside of my area (in western states like AZ or NV or Co) if a cheap plane flight can get me there. I am looking for a daily driver, but with trail ready abilities and setup so we can ride the 'con or desert together - so good gearing would help (maybe 3.70, 4.88, 5.29?). Though I am white and I like white, I am no racist, so I will consider most standard fj40 colors and flavors. As you can tell, I am into bolt-ons and bling bling.

YOU: The attributes I look for in my ideal fj40 mate are as follow:

- MUST be under 7ft to fit in my standard garage. NOT negotiable.
- I like them young, so your age must be 1970 or newer ideally. But I am flexible.
- I am a non-smoker, so you must pass smog in CA - and your current dude is responsible for that
- I live on the edge at times, so a FULL roll cage is a must
- I like skin, so bikini and soft tops are what I seek, hardtop is nice but not crucial here in So Cal
- Your body and your tub must be in sexy, healthy shape with no major rust and body damage. I seek an fj40 that takes care of her self and knows how to show it off as I cannot afford a plastic surgeon to fix you up.
- Though I am not much for 'junk in the trunk', I do desire an fj40 that is sporting a nice MATCHING spare wheel/rim on a swing arm on her backside
- You should have nice measurements in the tire department: 33'' minimum with a 2-3" spring lift so they fit
- fender flares keep those tires nice and perky and the guys from staring
- I like it rough, so a nice stout after market
front bumper and brush gaurd
will put me in my place
- All your gauges/instruments should work and let me know how you’re running
- I am not that strong, so Power Steering conversion is great
- I have a bum leg, so power brake conversion on all 4 is ideal - and nerf bars to help me get in you
- Since I believe in safe sex, 3-point seat belts go a long way
- Don’t count on a diamond from me, but diamond plates on your body are nice.
- Rear bench seat versus jump seats will make the in-laws more comfortable
- I am a drinker, so a rear ice chest/jerry-can type cargo carrier on swing-arm puts me in a good mood
- I like beach balls at the beach, so an on board air compressor under the hood helps
- Got any baja/KC lights for those romantic dinners or late night strolls?
- I like tom-girls, so no purses aloud, a center console for storage works fine
- I am very athletic, so a nice 2F or even 350 ticker to keep up with me is needed - manual please
- You must be ready to drive away and your inner workings must be as nice as the outer appearance. No know significant organ flaws that need fixing, as I cannot afford any major organ transplants.

So, I DO expect to kiss and make you purr on the first date. If you think you might be the fj40 for me and have MOST if not all of these attributes, please respond to my ad with photos of yourself (yes, inside and out as I am superficial) and all of your stats and details to: encinitas@earthlink.net or PM me. I will respond.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking, "this guy is crazy." But, let me assure you, I have seen my dream fj40 with all these attributes and in my price range several times now, but I have been jilted and left hanging at the alter each time. I am serious about my personal ad despite how it may read. If I sound like the guy of your dreams, lets see what you got and maybe we can make a love connection sooner rather than later as the clock is ticking and I am ready to settle down and make a commitment ASAP and do not need to ask for permission.

PLEASE - SERIOUS SELLERS ONLY  - if you do not really want to sell your rig, do not post or contact me
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2005, 02:19:47 PM by wantatlc »

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
I am still looking. Though I have had numerous rigs emailed to me to look at, I have not found 'the rig' yet. I have tried to buy 2, but both fell through with sellers remorse; they do not want to part with their rigs in the end.

Anyone thinking about selling and listing, but not pushed to that edge yet? Let me know what you have. It will go to a good home.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
dude that is a great want ad :hahaha:  :rofl:
goodluck finding a buyer,

TTT for ya!!
Oh yeah, always check ebay and also

www.craigslist.org
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
thanks. :thumbs: I get more PM's/emails laughing at that want ad than anything. but, what I need is "the trucK". :dunno:

Yeah, I am on every CA craigslist, ebay (which I hate for vehicle buying), SOR, pirates, marlins, local websites, Birfield, rocky mountian, and like 8 other sites everyday looking.

No Power

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 200
  • Male Posts: 235
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Try www.ih8mud.com this is a huge land cruiser site. :yesnod:
This site also has tons-o-good info also :thumbs:
Roll me back over !!!

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
oh yeah, I am on that also. even have my want ad posted there.

lilbuddy

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Did FIREBALL's buddy's LC thats  for sale fall through? That one sounds like exactly what you want..
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
Did FIREBALL's buddy's LC thats  for sale fall through? That one sounds like exactly what you want..

Yeah, it fell through big time!!! I was into that rig 100%. They tried to sell it for 5 months or so with an OBO. Even bumping the post every few weeks since no interest. I come along (as does summer time) and see it. We spend 2 weeks going back and forth about the rig and educating me about it. FIREBALL is way cool and very patient about educating a guy. So, I pull the trigger and the owner says something to the effect that unless it is the price he wants (the 9500 now, the OBO is out the window all the sudden) he is thinking about keeping it. So, I say, f*&^ it and uo the offer to be done with it. The owner then decides he wants to keep it after all that time on my end and his buddies end. FIREBALL felt pretty bad and man, I thought that was not cool. So, yeah, it fell through. Bumer it was. that is the type of rig I am looking for exactly. Interesting thing is, in 1.5 years or so of looking I have offered on just 2 rigs, and the same thing happened on both. Owner decides to keep it, even on solid top dollar offer. ARGH!

crawlerdan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile

lilbuddy

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile

Yeah, it fell through big time!!! I was into that rig 100%. They tried to sell it for 5 months or so with an OBO. Even bumping the post every few weeks since no interest. I come along (as does summer time) and see it. We spend 2 weeks going back and forth about the rig and educating me about it. FIREBALL is way cool and very patient about educating a guy. So, I pull the trigger and the owner says something to the effect that unless it is the price he wants (the 9500 now, the OBO is out the window all the sudden) he is thinking about keeping it. So, I say, f*&^ it and uo the offer to be done with it. The owner then decides he wants to keep it after all that time on my end and his buddies end. FIREBALL felt pretty bad and man, I thought that was not cool. So, yeah, it fell through. Bumer it was. that is the type of rig I am looking for exactly. Interesting thing is, in 1.5 years or so of looking I have offered on just 2 rigs, and the same thing happened on both. Owner decides to keep it, even on solid top dollar offer. ARGH!

Thats too bad. FIREBALL is indeed a very cool guy. That is too bad it fell through. I didnt think that hed blow you off (ie not responding to Emails or PM's) but the owner totally screwed it up. That just means it wasnt meant for you I guess. Ill most definatly keep my eye out for you up here in Chico area.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
i got three up here in oregon, 1 complete, 2 parts

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
Thats too bad. FIREBALL is indeed a very cool guy. That is too bad it fell through. I didnt think that hed blow you off (ie not responding to Emails or PM's) but the owner totally screwed it up. That just means it wasnt meant for you I guess. Ill most definatly keep my eye out for you up here in Chico area.

Yeah, cool and helpful for sure. No, never blew me off. Answered every one of my emails in great detail. But I agree with you, it was just not meant to be. So, now I post what I want and see if I can get it to come to me.

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
i got three up here in oregon, 1 complete, 2 parts

well, does the 'complete' one match any of my above description? if so, lets see some photos.

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
i wont be able to get pics till monday, im pos that it is over 7ft trhough, its has a spring over lift, 350 motor, granny 4spd, 205 case, 35 cheapo muds, full cage, full diamond plate, warn winch, and an emblem that reads "toylet"

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
i wont be able to get pics till monday, im pos that it is over 7ft trhough, its has a spring over lift, 350 motor, granny 4spd, 205 case, 35 cheapo muds, full cage, full diamond plate, warn winch, and an emblem that reads "toylet"

yeah, if it is a spring over and 35's - it likely cannot go in a garage I have found.

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
im 6-2 and its a least a foot taller than me

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
Ill most definatly keep my eye out for you up here in Chico area.

Thanks, seems like there are a TON of rigs up North?? Why?

Also, I have my eye on, and have been corresponding with a guy with a killer FJ40 rig. read more about it here: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12954.0  

the issues are that:

- it is in FL and I am in CA - risky and costly to auto transport out west
- no test drive for me - jut a ton of photos and emails to tell me about it
- will it pass smog in CA - if not, $$$$$$

not sure what to do. guy is a doctor and seems honest. disclosed all issues. tons of photos (80 or so), 89% of what I want in a rig to start. but.... the above issues concern me as it is a lot of risk for me.

wantatlc [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Duuude
    • View Profile
im 6-2 and its a least a foot taller than me

yeah, average garage is 7 foot, so needs to be like 6'8'' to be safe or so.

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
sorry, the two parts trucks are stock, alot of work though, sorry i couldnt help more

awhotrods

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 154
  • Male Posts: 1,203
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
sorry, the two parts trucks are stock, alot of work though, sorry i couldnt help more

crawler dan,  how much do you want for fj's

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
one sold the other you dont want, been rolled alot-sorry bud

decyfer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 240
  • Member since Mar '05
  • look at that ass
    • View Profile
    • my little business
is it bad when you unplug the power wire from your stereo and it still plays

skunkyoda

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 65
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
My freind is selling / trading his fj40. the thing is sweet he got it from someone that couldnt complete it after depleteing his finances on a body off restoration, crate 350 engine, cherry paint job, etc. Now it is a sick 71 fj40 on 35's in immaculate condition new carpet kit  seats reapholsteredpretty much everything you can think of. this rig is in san jose ca
1985 22RE EFI YOTA 4RUNNER, 31's, Open Diff's

Everybody knows there ain't no such thing as Leftover Crack

PLEASE GOD PROTECT ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!

miker

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Oct '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Have one for sale with most everything you are looking for and in your price range. Its not quite ready to be driven away but its close. Since you mentioned you were also on ih8mud (and maybe pirate4x4 too) you may have already seen my ad.  But just in case:  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385439