Author Topic: What is wrong with Marlin Crawler?!?  (Read 9827 times)

alabamatoy

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
Re: What is wrong with Marlin Crawler?!?
« on: Nov 08, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »
OK, so now its almost 4 weeks.  Original purchase, October 17.  After several phone calls, I finally got a call back, they left a message to call, and after a few more tries I got hold of someone at MC.  The CNC mill is broke, they told me.  This was Thursday, Nov 3.  They have had over $600 of my money since Oct 17.  And they sent me no notice saying, hey we've run into a problem until repeated phone calls and email apparently forced a response.  And no, it didn't go into spam, good grief.

I deal with lots of vendors both in my hobbies (4X4, Porsches, firearms etc) and in my professional life (network security) and I have never had this kind of piss-poor service.  I am stuck right now because I need the damned part, but my build is dead in the water waiting for Marlin Crawler to provide the product I paid for weeks ago.

My friend helping me with this build is a pro, owns his own mechanic/fab business (weekend access to his lift and plasma in exchange for hours helping him with his customer's work).  I asked him about MC and he corroborated my experience.  In his words, "never again". 

Yall bash me all you want, I don't give a fart in a hurricane.  I want people to know that while MC products might be really great stuff, their business is crap and their customer service is non-existent.  According to my friend who has bought lots of stuff from them (but no more) they send the wrong parts, refuse to make things right on multiple occasions, and overall their customer service is just horrible.  I wish I had discussed this with him before making the purchase, as I would have a TG doubler installed two weekends ago and the build would be that much farther along.  Instead, I'm waiting for MC to get their damned mill fixed.