Author Topic: BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2 35x12.50 15 Review  (Read 43919 times)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
Re: BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2 35x12.50 15 Review
« on: Jul 29, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
10K update:

At this time my ODO reads 209,627.  We mounted these at 198,800 so I have 10,827 miles on these tires.  We have had a TON of around town on these compared to what I would normally expect.

I ran a little long on my rotation so tread depths vary from 46% to 72%, with and average of 63% for all five tires.  They are wearing nice and even front to rear with no funky wear of the side lugs in front. My front end is a little heavy on the inside as far as camber and that does not appear to be effecting these tires which is impressive.  I measured the center of the tread where the most wear is.  I am running these on 8" wheels which is clearly making them round out a little at typical road pressure. I would say these tires want to be on a 10" wheel for perfect health.

Based on the average I should get right around 30,000 miles on these if I run them out.  I would expect a little more.  The less worn tires suggest about 38,000 miles, I would expect they will be pretty well done in the center treads somewhere between these numbers.  I know I am running a welded read and all but there is NO WAY these KO2s are going to get the 60,000+ mile tread life we've come to expect from the previous incarnations of the tire.  I believe the tread compound is quite a bit different than the KOs.  Probably stickier and softer.

I am getting the most wear in the driver's side rear position with the welded rear.  I guess I make more left turns.

I still like these tires.  They are quiet, ride fairly smooth and look good.  Really good in snow, excellent in dirt wheeling, rocks, wood and perfectly acceptable in light or gravely mud. Not at all good in slick clay nasty mud.  The sissy Falken Rocky Mountains I ran were better in mud by far.  These handle really well on pavement wet or dry.  They do absolutely carve in high speed gravel.  Not totally impressed with them for balance and roundness.  Might as well be a mud tire as far as that is concerned.  I expect a rounder carcass when I buy an all terrain.  Maybe this is an anomaly and I just got a couple eggy tires, maybe not.

So in summary do I like them?  Yes.  Would I buy them again?  I'm not sure.  If they impress me enough in deep snow this winter, maybe.  If I am goin off of tread wear and all around usefulness so far, probably not.  I have been happier in general with light mud terrains as an all around do it all tire.

I will update again when I have something interesting to say or at 20K, whichever comes first :).

“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K