We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: Feedback requested on a partial forum index redesign  (Read 20764 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
I think breaking it down that much would make it harder for users to catch all the tech and experiences available.  If you think about it, many of the specific models share the same parts, problems, typical build styles.
How about if we keep the original format, and then list the images as child boards?

This would allow people to continue posting to the main "Hilux Pickup/4Runner 1979-95" section as they'd like, or post to a specific section.

I know this was discussed on page one. The difference here is that we'd have images which perhaps doesn't clutter the list of child-boards as much.

Something like this. I did this through enduser code manipulation only, basically only in a sandbox mode on my end. We can do anything we'd like of course such as moving the images up into the "Child Boards" section so that there are not two boxes up top. Could help with out of control Stickies as they could be moved to their respective childboard, if possible.

We could add the 1st and 2nd gen 4Runners to this section also since they share the same base platform (more on this below).

For instance, I see no reason whatsoever in separating 1st gen 4runners out from 2nd gen pickups.  Literally everything is the same except the rear harness, a back seat and the tailgate.
Yes, I understand your point, but what if I'm a 4Runner owner and I'm looking for posts specific only to my own model? A specific board would neatly group info for me. At any rate, my suggestion above would keep the current structure and add specifics as childboards so that people could use them ONLY if they'd like to.-
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2020, 10:11:03 AM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki