Author Topic: Wheeling near Sonora? [Fordyce Sept 12th & 13th]  (Read 9132 times)

Steve-44

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 189
  • Member since Feb '05
  • 511:1 club
    • View Profile
Re: Wheeling near Sonora? [Fordyce Sept 12th & 13th]
« on: Aug 15, 2014, 10:20:14 AM »
Why not head in Tahoe(tahoma) side for rubicon. Go to loon and then hit wentworth back to Tahoe. Sets you up for Fordyce in quicker time. Hardly any road time that way. You trailer down to Cisco grove on hwy 80. Decide whether to do top side of Fordyce or brave the whole trail. It's only 1 mile freeway time if you decide to tackle lower part of fordyce. No freeway if you want to do top side
Great info, thanks.  Going in Tahoe has an added advantage for my trail buddy since he's vactioning in Tahoe at the time.  But it has the disadvantage of adding in that long section of trail between Caddillac and SLT.  How much extra time are we talking about by adding that section; also how much extra to add in Wentworth section?

To make the whole trail would require night wheeling. Me going slow from eagle lakes made it to committee a little after dark. Running the whole trail in two days back out to trailer requires a lot of good luck
I know it's long and I'd need luck on my side, but what I envision happening is this: Starting early on Friday from Eagle Lakes to Meadow Lake in one day. Then back out WH5>WH4>WH3 to Committee exit Saturday.  Is that doable?  (night wheeling is fine as long as it's not ALL night)

eagle lakes in my runner to commitee isn't an after dark thing. in your truck it's a yotee needs another beer thing. don't scare him off
So you're saying the first half of the trail wouldn't get in to night wheeling, right?  But that's only half the trail and, if my assumptions are correct, that's the easier half.