Author Topic: SAS Parts needed  (Read 2133 times)

4runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 103
  • Male Posts: 300
  • Member since Sep '03
  • I Love My Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Re: SAS Parts needed
« on: Apr 17, 2005, 07:49:40 AM »
yes I got new front and rear springs. Rears are 5 1\2 " to level the truck cause 4runners sag more in the rear. got new ubolts also  This is the nicest 4runner frame ive seen on the east coast. I know how rare a 85 strait axle 4runner is. So I had the frame and body stripped. The frame was sandblasted to bare metal, etch primmered and painted with commercial gray. It been hanging in my garage for over a year now. The rearends was sandblasted, primered and painted rustuleum black. I then decided to get a newer rear axle blasted an painted the same way since they are 3" wider. I Also blasted the gastank, primered, and painted hammerite grey. It wasnt bad, just factory paint peeling off. Being everything was looking good, but the springs got scratched up in shipping so i had them lightly blasted and painted them along with the gas tank. Ive got pics of all this above, I will try to email you.  I was about to bolt all this together, but while I was looking for lockers and crossover steering I ended up buying another project 4runner. Meanwhile the 85 runner body is settin on saw horses in the other stall in the garage. I was replacing the rear quarter panels and inner fenders. I already welded in a little metal  to fix a couple of rust spots I cut out of the floor board. doors are nice tail gate has no rust either but is dented in. Had brown interior in it. I was going to change it to grey but should still have all the original including center concole heater. This is the sr5 model with electric windows, sunroof, ect..   I got over a couple grand invested not counting my time.  over a grand off it in the suspention   how about $2000 for everything  I got to get somthing out of it or i'll finish it for my wife or a daily driver   I am only concidering selling this to finish my custom 4runner  I would rather sell everything together but open for offers     I'll get you pics goyotago   Thanks
built not bought 89 4runner
vortec v8, r151, dual cases
4link 1/4 elliptical